Existence of God
This hour-long lesson (can be shortened to fit any school requirement) explores the question ‘Does God exist?’
Through discussion, presentation and Q&A, students are encouraged to think about the plausibility of the existence of God, to discuss what God could be like if he existed, and to hear a Christian perspective on why Christians believe in the God of the Bible.
- Opening song
- Ice-breaker game
- Discussion: Does God exist?
- Talk: Christianity and the ‘Big Bang’ theory
- Discussion: If God exists who/what is he?
- Talk: Evidence for God
- Final song
- Explore the plausibility of the existence of God
- Affirm the origin of the ‘Big Bang’ theory and discuss its compatibility with belief in God
- Promote discussion around the nature and character of God, if such a being exists
- Give students an open opportunity to ask questions and present their own views on the subject
- Encourage participation in activities and discussion