What is Faith?
This hour-long lesson (can be shortened to fit any school requirement) explores the question ‘What is Faith?’ Through discussion, presentation and Q&A, students are encouraged to think about what faith actually is, to discuss what kind of things people put their faith in, and to hear a Christian perspective on why Christians put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, and the difference this makes to their life.
- Opening song
- Ice-breaker game
- Discussion: Where do you put your faith / What do you trust in?
- Talk: Blind faith versus informed faith (including trust game
- Discussion: Does faith matter?
- Talk: Personal story of Christian faith
- Final song
- Explore the concept of faith with the students: what is faith and where do you place yours?
- Examine the difference between blind faith (without evidence) and informed faith (with evidence)
- Give a Christian perspective on faith in God and the impact upon the Christian’s life
- Give students an open opportunity to ask questions and present their own views on the subject
- Encourage participation in activities and discussion